Create a Travel Pre-Approval (Authorization)

What is it?

A report requesting pre-approval for future travel. Pre-approvals help plan Mines related travel and secure funding for travel expenses. Pre-approvals can only be used for travel expenses and are required in the following situations:

  • International travel
  • Travel paid by a sponsored grant
  • When requesting a cash advance
  • At the department’s discretion.

Who can use it?

Staff, Faculty, and Graduate Students with Chrome River Access

Where to get it?

These reports can be made in the Workday system which is accessed via Trailhead, or request service to have the report prepared for you.

Per diem references:

Official Continental US Per Diem Rates
Official Alaska, Hawaii, and US Possessions Per Diem Rates
Official International Travel Per Diem Rates

How to use it?

The online form can be accessed by selecting the "Request Service" button. 

When estimating your travel expenses be sure to include all anticipated charges. You can submit a cumulative amount of your total estimated expenses so that your trip’s entire budget is being approved.

Cash advances should only be requested to cover out of pocket expenses that occurred while traveling. Requests for a cash advance must be submitted at least two weeks prior to your trip and will be paid up to 7 days before travel.

If traveling with students, use the Student Travel Matrix to determine if you need to submit a School Sponsored Overnight Travel Form with the Office of Compliance and Policy.  This is a requirement for Clery Act compliance.

Have a Travel and Reconciliation Question?
Visit the T&R FAQ's or Ask a Question

Request Service


Service ID: 45198
Sat 8/15/20 1:22 PM
Tue 8/29/23 3:08 PM