ITS Computing Account Transfer or Change


Service Description

Using this service, Supervisors may facilitate disabling department/job specific access or assign specific access not held previously (e.g., access to departmental shared directories; Banner Admin access; etc.) for an employee changing to a new job and/or department within Mines. This request should come from a supervisor for employees who will be changing positions or transferring departments at Mines and need to have their account access changed to correspond with their new role.

The request may include instructions for things such as: (a) access to files, email messages, voicemail messages;  (b) what to do with future email messages (e.g., send an "away" message to senders); (c) how to reassign or transfer the telephone extension; etc.

For terminations and other removals not related to transfers, ITS has this specific Account Removal Service. In addition, supervisors should notify HR through the HR employee separation process.


Managers/Supervisors of Faculty, Staff.

Service Charges

No charge to users for this service.

Requesting the Service

Request a Mines computing account or specific access to be disabled by using the Submit Request button located on this page.

Please submit separate requests for each Mines user who is changing jobs/departments.

Support can also be requested by visiting the Mines Service Center (MSC) or calling x2345 or 303-384-2345 during MSC staffed times. In this case, a Student Consultant will take your information.

Submit Request


Service ID: 41755
Tue 1/28/20 11:31 PM
Tue 9/22/20 9:58 AM