Returning User Request [Re-enable Computing Access]


Users returning to Mines (anyone who previously had a Mines username) will need to submit a request with ITS in order to restore access to their account.

  • If you are a former student or employee trying to access TAX FORMS via Trailhead, Trailhead access is typically NOT disabled after you leave Mines. Try logging into Trailhead with your username and most recent MultiPass password. If you are not able to log in, use the "Login Issue" service (
  • If you are submitting this request on behalf of someone else, please include (in the Additional Information box below) a working, non-Mines email address for the returning person.


Returning Mines Students or Employees (e.g., anyone who was previously issued a campus username and is returning to Mines after an absence)

Service Levels

We do not currently have an automated online Account Claim process for returning students and employees.

NOTE: Your account and computing access will not automatically be re-established. At the time you left Mines some or all of your Mines computing access was disabled. While your Trailhead access may still be open, your email and other access will need to be re-established.  You must request that your account be re-established by using the "Submit Request" button located on this page.


If your name has changed since you were last here, you can request that your account be re-established with a username that reflects your current name. Please include any name change information with your Mines Help Center request. (It is easier to change your username before your account is re-established than after.)

Service Charges


Requesting the Service

If you were previously issued a campus username or receive an error notice when you try using the Account Claim process, please use the button located on this page to request support. A staff member will verify your eligibility for Mines computing access and re-establish your account. To complete the process you will most likely need to set a new MultiPass password. Instructions will be sent to you for setting a new MultiPass password.

Support can also be requested by visiting the Mines Service Center (MSC) or calling x2345 or 303-384-2345 during MSC staffed times. In this case, a Student Consultant will take your information.


Account claim information can be found here:


Submit Request

Related Articles (2)

Your Mines username is a unique identifier that will be used throughout your stay at Mines to log into your various campus computer accounts, and as part of your campus email address (e.g., It's hard to change.
Mines reserves the right to terminate email and other accounts (among them MultiPass) as soon as any student or employee separates from the institution. In theory, that could be the same day the individual officially leaves Mines, so plan accordingly.


Service ID: 30316
Wed 9/12/18 4:23 PM
Thu 3/23/23 2:32 PM