Reset Password Issue

Service Description

MultiPass is the single master account for most major computer systems at Mines. If something is not working with a MultiPass, you may be able to recover your password yourself or report an issue for further support.

You may also report an issue for other non-MultiPass credentials that ITS helps manage.

NOTE: For Alumni Email Password issues, please use the Alumni Email Password Reset service.


Students, Faculty, Staff

Service Levels

Passwords will expire after a defined period of time consistent with your role at Mines. Warnings regarding upcoming expirations will be sent in advance of your password expiring.


Passwords must comply with a minimum set of requirements, which are consistent with security best practices:

  1. 10-32 characters: lower case, upper case, number, punctuation (plus signs + are not allowed)
  2. Do not select a password that you have used at Mines before. 
  3. Do not include your name or username in your new password. 
  4. If you do either #2 or #3, it may look like you successfully reset your password, but it will silently fail to sync to ADIT.

Service Charges


Requesting the Service

To begin, all new Mines students, faculty, and staff should claim their MultiPass account. This can be done in one process using the directions issued to you on or before your arrival at Mines. (If you have lost, or never received such information, visit, read the "Important Note" about selecting your Mines username, and the appropriate section based on your campus role.)

  • You know your current password:
    You may use the Change Your Password tool on the Identity Self-Service site at:
  • You don't know your current password AND
    • You previously set up account recovery information:
      Please use the Forgot Your Password tool on the Identity Self-Service site at:
    • You have not set up account recovery information or the Forgot Your Password tool is not working for you:
      Please call or visit the Mines Service Center (MSC) (MSC: CTLM 156; 303-384-2345 or x2345 from a campus phone).

Support can also be requested by visiting the Mines Service Center in CTLM 156 or calling x2345 or 303-384-2345 during MSC staffed times. In this case, a Student Consultant will take your information.


Self-service information can be found starting at the ITS homepage

Additional information can be found with these resources:


Report Issue


Service ID: 30314
Wed 9/12/18 3:49 PM
Mon 2/7/22 12:30 PM