How do I change my password?

In the past, computer users at Mines may have had different passwords for various computer accounts. Beginning in 2015, most of those accounts were consolidated under a single set of credentials referred to as the "MultiPass." To reset your Mines MultiPass, visit the Identity Self-Service page at, select either Change Your Password or Forgot Your Password, and follow the prompts. This process will reset what were once separate passwords -- Trailhead, MultiPass, and ADIT -- to a single MultiPass password.

In some circumstances, after changing your password you may find yourself unable to log into various online services that you could previously access. Most commonly, this is because the your computer and/or phone are still configured to automatically request email, printer access, and other services with the old password. After a certain number of failed login attempts with the old password, the user is automatically locked out of the system for a period up to an hour (this is a security measure).

The best way to avoid this scenario is to:

  1. Turn off all but one of your networked devices including phones, tablets, laptops, and desktops. (If your devices supports it, you can turn on "airplane" mode instead of turning your device off.)

  2. Change your Mines MultiPass as described above and update it on that device.

  3. Re-enable devices one at a time, immediately changing the passwords stored on them to match the new password.

Remember that services like remote printers, connections to shared directories, and calendar configurations may require a password reset as well. (For printers, one can uninstall then reinstall the printer and add new credentials afterward.)


Article ID: 69901
Wed 1/9/19 9:49 AM
Thu 8/8/19 3:20 PM